Monday, May 21, 2012

MMA Fighter Nick Diaz Suspended for Marijuana Use



Let me start first off by saying that I understand that there needs to be rules and regulations set when it comes to organized fighting and sports in general. So I'm not here to bash the Nevada State Athletic Commission for the punishment handed down to Nick Diaz. I'm sure Nick Diaz knew the rules that were set forth for him as a professional UFC fighter. However, I will say that a situation like this just reiterates the fact that the use of marijuana isn't always a bad thing or for negative intentions. I mean these UFC fighters do take a lot of painful, serious blows to the head. The first thing I would be looking to do after getting out of the octagon myself would be to smoke the fattest joint possible, if I wasn't KO'd on the floor of the ring of course. Diaz mentioned in the hearing that "marijuana does help him perform better during his training, as he's better able to focus and deal with his ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), for which he was prescribed a medical marijuana card." With that being said such instances like this should again make society as a whole reconsider how serious we take marijuana use. In this case Nick Diaz uses marijuana in an effort to be successful at what he does and to better his life. Not to mention the fact that many of these fighters use performance enhancing drugs to become better and stronger fighters. Nick Diaz is using marijuana to merely benefit his mental state. Is that so wrong?? Let him live and let him smoke. Case closed. 


greenomix 
grow, grind & prosper

No comments:

Post a Comment